Not an Autism Mom is looking for autistic writers!
This is a blog geared toward parents and educators.
For the most part, parents look to other parents for advice. The same is true for professionals. I want to help them find autistic voices sooner.
There is no age restriction! Young-old, it doesn’t matter. And you don’t have to be a professional writer, just someone with a story to tell.
What would you like to tell parents?
Here are some sample topics:
- Why parents should presume competence (with a personal story)
- How AAC helps you
- Anything about intersectionality
- A time in your childhood that you didn’t feel heard
- What you wish your parents or teachers did or didn’t do
- What therapies or experiences helped or hurt you the most
- A time you proved your doctors wrong
- A time they thought you weren’t listening
- A story of triumph
- A story of heartache
If you’re interested in writing, please send your article to notanautismmom @ gmail dot com.
Posts should be 500-1000 words. Please include a head shot, short bio, and any social media links. You may also send a feature picture, or I can choose one for you.
You can also send your PayPal link for readers to tip you!